Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm still here...

Ugh.  Why am I so terrible at keeping up with a blog?!  I have lots to update on here.  First, I am finally single!!!  WOOHOO!!!  It was finally official a couple of weeks ago.  What a long, crazy and emotionally-draining process it was to finally get there.  It was definitely something that I thought would never end when I was in the middle of it, but it did.  Amazing how life is like that.  Everything turns out OK and resolves itself in one way or another and life keeps moving forward regardless of what we've been through or what we're facing.  I love it.  And I love how strong we become along the way and the wisdom we gain through the process.  I am now dealing with things in my life that I never could have thought I could handle.  And I'm fine.  I also wouldn't trade the knowledge that I've gained through the very rough past couple of years I've had for anything.  I know people say things like this all the time, but I really do mean it.  I love the way that it changed me.  I really was put through the refiner's fire and I am much better for it.  For the first time in my life I really like who I am and feel comfortable with myself.  While I was in the middle of everything I couldn't understand why so many horrible things were happening to me, but I look back now and can fully acknowledge that God's ways are not our ways.  He knew what I needed most for my own personal growth.  The best part is that I felt Him there the entire way and I knew that I was not alone.  Life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment